A church is mentioned in a text prior to 1066. The present building, situated at the bottom of the valley of the river Laize, has a choir dating back to the Romanesque period, but it has been extensively remodelled, in particular when new openings were made and a sacristy was added. Above the western door, a niche contains a statue of the Virgin Mary, partly mutilated. Some of the stones of the church still bear the traces of the bombings of 1944

Located in the immediate vicinity of the church, the presbytery of Laize is a careful construction. A sundial is placed on one of the three chimney stumps. The main door, particularly decorated, is framed by pilasters and topped by a fire pot.




Labels & order