"The natural protected site of Mont Canisy looms 110 metres above the sea. From 1935 to 1940, the French Navy established two batteries in order to ensure the safety of the estuary and the port of Le Havre. Then, from 1942 to 1944, the site became one of the essential links in the ‘Atlantic Wall’. Several elements (casemates, emplacements, fortifications linked by a 250m gallery...) remain to this day.
Free guided tours are regularly organised by the Les Amis du Mont-Canisy association."
Balades et randonnées :
Difficultés du parcours : Easy