The Brucourt Monastery has been a private property since 2015. Today, converted into a magnificent guest house, member of the ‘Bienvenue au Château’ (welcome to the castle) network, this former Monastery of the Annunciation is located on the Saint-Laurent hill in Brucourt, between Cabourg and Houlgate, in Normandy. It stands within an estate covering over 15 hectares of meadows, grazing cows and woods - home to deer, roe deer, wild boar and rabbits…
It stands within an estate covering over 15 hectares of meadows, grazing cows and woods - home to deer, roe deer, wild boar and rabbits…
The building was built between 1912 and 1920, by a couple of rich collectors, heirs to a family of industrialists from France’s Nord department, Louis Serbat (1875-1953) and his wife, née Madeleine de Vaufreland. In 1951, the couple retired to the Château de Laàs, and bequeathed the manor to the Benedictine monks, so that they could occupy the site and provide an apostolic welcome. Since the monks were only present during the summer months, the manor was proposed to the Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary and, in 1975, six nuns of the Annunciation sold their property in Thiais to found the monastery. After 40 years spent in Brucourt, the 9 nuns, heiresses to the ‘dear daughters’ of St. Joan of France, daughter of King Louis XI of France - who founded the Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Bourges in 1500 - also referred to as the Sisters of the Annunciation - were looking to settle in a new monastery in Caen-Grentheville.
Located just 4km from the sea, Brucourt Monastery offers 5 suites to sleep a total of 11 guests, at rates from 190 Euros per night, including breakfast, just a 2-hour drive from Paris via the A13 motorway - follow Caen, then exit 30 towards Cabourg.
Free Wi-Fi and parking.
Capacity : 11
With the family : yes
Pets allowed : no
Quality labels :