In 1906, Georges Leroy, a Livarot-based owner of a company that produced ‘small nailed and stapled boxes’ acquired a steam engine he had seen in operation at the 1889 World Fair. The machine supplied the entire company with electricity up to 1957, today offering a fine symbol of the period. Listed on the French Historic Monuments supplementary inventory, the engine is open to visitors within a factory interpretation area, organised around it.
With the family : no
Pets allowed : no