Le Manoir du Désert



The Manoir du Désert, listed as a Monument Historique in 1928, was built for the Le Danois brothers, a family of shipowners from Honfleur. It is representative of the noble architecture of the late Middle Ages in the Pays d'Auge. Its materials and structure bear witness to the skills and importance of the building at the time. The first floor is composed of a checkerboard pattern of limestone and flint. The upper floor is timber-framed. A staircase turret is attached to the main façade. The lookout room at the top was used to keep an eye on the Seine estuary. This room contains numerous marine graffiti. Owned by Mademoiselle TURGIS in the 1920s, it became the property of the City of Honfleur in the 1970s following a donation by the Société du Vieux Honfleur, Mademoiselle TURGIS's legatee. It was recently restored by the town in 2021.

The manor house can only be visited on certain occasions. We offer one guided tour per month during the season (full price: 6 ? reduced price: 4 ?). The manor is also open for special events such as Pierres en Lumières, JEP, open-air cinema and dramatized tours (full price: 10? / reduced price: 6?).




Labels & order

We also propose