Eglise Saint-Firmin

PCUNOR014V534TH7

Description

(XXth)

The neo-Romanesque church built in 1874 having been destroyed in 1944, the architect Pierre Bienvenue opted for a monumental composition, combining Caen stone and concrete around a square plan. The copper-covered spire accentuates the verticals of the building. Very sober, the interior is illuminated by large concrete and glass paved canopies representing Christ and the Virgin, works of Pinson and Barillet. The large cross which surmounts the altar and the communion table was forged in the workshops of the mine. Described as the Sainte Chapelle de la Plaine, the church of May is a singular building

Listed as a Historical Monument.

 eglise-May-sur-Orne

Prices

Services

Opening

Labels & order