Founded around 1083 by the monks of the Church of St Stephen in Caen.
The Church of St Nicholas was the parish church of the keepers of the great abbey. The two-tower facade (of which the north tower is unfinished), is equally reminiscent of St Stephen’s (Men’s Abbey) and the Holy Trinity (Ladies’ Abbey). The long and high nave with large arcades opening onto the side aisles is typical of Norman style proportions with a three-tier lateral elevation. The transept and the choir, in particular, with the lantern tower and the arrangement of volume between the apse and the apsidioles, form an austere yet harmonious masterpiece of acoustic accomplishment.
Pets allowed :