The village's origins date back to the foundation of a Benedictine priory in 1060.
The village stands on an outcrop offering vast panoramic views of the Touques valley. Its half-timbered houses offer protection to the priory and college buildings dating from 1741. They bear witness to the French mathematician, Pierre-Simon Laplace and the museum houses studies by the painter Colonel Langlois. Guided tours by approuved guided.