Touques, former medieval city situated two minutes away from Deauville, has preserved the typical architecture of the Pays d’Auge. It has invited craftsmen and art studio artists to work in front of the public.
- The Galerie des Créateurs (objects, lights, furniture, tableware, fashion textile creation and decoration, jewels): a selection of unique pieces and original and unprecedented contemporary limited series that are indicative of trends and change every two months. Creations directly come from the studios of craftsmen, designers and artists.
- The Galerie Saint-Pierre, specialized in urban art
- David Guzman - art ceramist: sculpted stoneware and porcelain pieces, mainly made with the potter’s wheel using various techniques.
- Tony Mauger - potter ceramist: specialist of garden animals, roofing, ceramic finials (mould fabrication).
- Peter Poter (tableware and decoration)
- Tia Terra (utilitarian objects and decoration). They will be all working under the public eye and organize courses and intensive courses.
At the La Galerie des Créateurs, you’ll meet Jeanne Ngo-Njami-Auscher, responsible for "Ames d'Afrique” gallery, an association that aims at promoting arts, handicrafts and African contemporary artists.
Some sculptures made by these artists with recycled materials and supports will be presented on this occasion. Remarkable decorative objects, tableware, textile creations, jewels and photos will make part of the "Empreintes de Voyages” exhibition. Unique pieces.