The Notre -Dame de la Visitation Church, is almost one thousand years old! Part of the bell tower dates to the 17th century. Its history is inseparably linked with that of Blonville. The church was not built on the seaside. This choice may be hard to understand, but at the time this area was essentially rural and the seaside area, where the marsh was much more extended than it is today, was deemed inhospitable.
In 1859, archaeologist Arcisse de Caumont accurately describes the church. It is east-west oriented like all churches. The lower part of the bell tower and the choir, respectively dating back to the 11th and 13th centuries, are the oldest. The building that was built at first was located where the choir and the bell tower are now found. This modest complex was completed at the end of the 15th century with a large nave and enlarged after the Hundred Years' War.
Meeting place: close to the cemetery.
Open doors, Visit
From 10/10/2020 To 11/10/2020
From 26/09/2020 To 15/11/2020
From 29/10/2020 To 01/11/2020
From 15/05/2020 To 07/03/2021
From 11/10/2020 To 13/12/2020