If your curiosity stretches further than your budget...
We have selected some free guided tours for you to truly discover Normandy.
Gourmet, heritage... Thanks to our themed list, discover visits that are free of charge but full of interest.
1- Sites and monuments
- Château de St Germain de Livet, near Lisieux, free guided tour on the first Sunday of every month
- Botanical Gardens in Caen, a listed "remarkable garden"
- The grand peristyle house, archaeological site in Vieux la Romaine – free access during museum opening hours.
- Pointe du Hoc, the film and the exhibition offer an improved insight into the site
- Normandy American Cemetery Visitor Center in Colleville-sur-Mer
- The Fine Arts Museum in Caen, free on the first Sunday of every month
- The Normandy Museum in Caen, free on the first Sunday of every month
- Le Museum of Art and History in Lisieux
- The Charles Léandres Museum in Condé sur Noireau
- The Initiation to Nature Museum in Caen to visit with children
- The painter Yvonne Guéguan's house and studio in Caen
3 - Gourmet tours
- Not to be missed – the Graindorge cheese dairy
- Distilleries: Christian Drouin Calvados distillery, Pressoir Dajon Calvados distillery, the Ducy Orchards...
- Goat dairy visits: Noémie's goats, Ferme des Alpines farm
- Brasserie des 9 Mondes brewery in Ranville
4- Guided tours
- Free guided summer tours of St. Peter's Cathedral in Lisieux
- Guided tour of the Mont Canisy batteries
- Ladies' Abbey in Caen, free guided tour every day at 2.30 and 4pm
- The Hillman Fortress on the D-Day Landing Beaches, guided tours from July to September
- The forum, Vieux-la-Romaine archaeological site, guided summer tours
Organise your forthcoming visits and tours in Calvados >>